Social Platform for Jobs, Career, Online Mentors India, Mentor Monkey › Forums › Freelancing › Which is better 9-5 job or Freelancing? › Reply To: Which is better 9-5 job or Freelancing?
AdministratorJune 30, 2021 at 8:30 am566Level 2
Hi @Ansh Freelancing is certainly the new trend in the market. But, before going with the trend it’s important to know the pros and cons of freelancing as well. As you are considering website development as your core skill for freelancing.
1. Do research about the potential of this skill as a freelancer.
2. Do research about how to get clients in this field.
3. Do upskill your communication game as you will be dealing with clients on your own.
4. Do research about the market rates(Charges) for providing services in your industry.
5. Do build a portfolio that attracts clients.
What not to do?
1. Don’t charge your clients unnecessary high prices at first. Reasons being (1) You lack experince, (2) You will not be able to retain them for furthur projects.
2. Don’t charge too low as well, this will make your work feel less superior.
3. Don’t keep adding new clients every now and then, and ignoring the old ones. Retaining your old clients is a blessing in disguise.
4. Don’t take too much work at once and get stressed out when the deadline arrives.