© 2021. Mentor Monkey. All rights reserved
Software Development Engineer in Test
Career as Software Development Engineer in Test - Overview
An SDET, otherwise referred to as a software development engineer in test, takes part equally in software development and testing processes. The SDET mainly works within the IT, gaming, advertising, entertainment, financial, or hospitality sectors and focuses on software development’s testability, robustness, and performance.
Here, we’ll look at what the work entails, as well as the skills and qualifications required. We will also look at the salary structure as well as the best colleges and courses to pursue a career as an SDET.
What are the roles & responsibilities of a Software Development Engineer in Test ?
- Understanding the flow of code and the way it interacts with different components.
- Understanding project documents, customer demands, and merchandise objectives to make and execute test cases.
- Organizing, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, like Mobile, Desktop, and Web, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Investigate customer problems mentioned to you by the technical support team, test bugs, and create and manage bug reports.
- Handling technical communications and understanding the customers’ systems.
- Working with deployments teams, resolving level issues for systems, coordinating on product design, and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and merchandise designs.
- Noting all testing actions you’ve got performed in daily and weekly reports.
- Analyzing and disintegrating software systems and coordinating with other teams to reinforce the general design.
- Researching test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes.
- Managing the ultimate quality on production release.
What are the skills required to become a Software Development Engineer in Test ?
Before Career Profiles
After Career Profiles
How to become an SDET in India?
Salary of SDETs in India
The average salary for Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) is ₹65,000 per month in India.
Salary based upon your experience
0 – 2 years, 6 to 8 lacs per annum
2 – 5 years, 9 to 12 lacs per annum
5+ years, 13 to 18 lacs per annum
Factors that can affect your salary:
Your total experience
Type of company