© 2021. Mentor Monkey. All rights reserved
What is a Purchasing Officer ?
Purchasing officers source and buy materials, goods, and services on behalf of the employer to be resold or utilized in daily operations. Purchasing officers maintain stock levels, and should also conduct research, negotiate with vendors, and interview prospective suppliers.
What are the roles & responsibilities of a Purchasing Officer ?
- Conducting marketing research and sourcing new suppliers and vendors.
- Sourcing materials, goods, products, and services and negotiating the simplest or most cost-effective contracts and deals.
- Performing inventory inspections and reordering supplies and stock as necessary.
- Conducting marketing research to stay up to date with emerging trends and business opportunities.
- Inspecting stock and reporting any faulty items or inconsistencies immediately.
- Updating and maintaining records of all orders, payments, and received stock.
- Coordinating with the delivery team and following alongside of delays or orders that are rescheduled.
- Attending product launches and networking with industry professionals.
- Establishing professional relationships with clients also as vendors and suppliers.
- Ensuring all stock is packaged appropriately and delivered to the right location during a timely manner.