As the title suggests, a marketing specialist specializes within a particular area of marketing, such as influencer marketing, SEO, social media, email marketing, field and event marketing, market research, branding, paid media, content marketing, copywriting and so forth.
A marketing specialist’s role is of great significance to any marketing team due to the diverse roles performed by the individual, including developing marketing materials for websites and other social platforms, liaising with sales teams and other departments to manage various internal and external communications for the company.
- Planning and implementing marketing strategies.
- Conducting competitive research and analysis.
- Carry out market research in order to determine customer trends and behaviours.
- Setting goals and objectives to reach our customers through appropriate marketing methods (digital and traditional).
- Using prospecting and networking to build and maintain relationships with new and existing consumers.
- Increasing brand exposure through marketing initiatives.
- Developing marketing content for company website and other marketing channels.
- Supporting the marketing team with marketing activities by demonstrating expertise in various areas, including advertising, optimization, social media, event planning, and direct marketing.
- Assisting with marketing data analyses, including campaign results, conversion rates, and online traffic to improve future marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Proficiency with Google analytics and web analytics tools
- Know-how of running marketing campaigns
- SEO skills
- Data analysis skills
- HTML & CSS
- Project management skills
- Creative writing skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Time management skills
- Class 12th from any stream
- Graduation in Marketing or related fields
- Influencer marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social media and e-mail marketing
- Field and event marketing
Market specialist job title at least requires a bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field. Many marketing professionals have degrees in statistics, math, and computer science, while others have communication, business administration, or social sciences backgrounds.
Courses in marketing, statistics, economics, consumer behaviour, and research methodology are essential for becoming a marketing specialist. However, some of the organizations prefer a master’s degree in marketing.
Several schools offer graduate programs in marketing, but many analysts earn a master’s degree in business administration (MBA). A master’s degree is required for leadership positions.
Expand Your Digital Marketing Skill Set
As a marketing specialist, you’ll need to develop a very wide technical skillset to be successful. You can enhance your marketing skills by searching for free resources online, such as webinars, podcasts, tutorial videos, blog posts and articles. You can also expand your digital marketing knowledge by taking a digital marketing course.
Although certification is optional, marketing specialists may pursue it to demonstrate a level of professional expertise.
For market research analysts, the Marketing Research Association offers the Professional Researcher Certification (PRC). Candidates are qualified based on their experience and knowledge; they must pass an exam, be a member of a professional organisation, and have worked in opinion and marketing research for at least three years. (Check out other certifications below)
The average salary of a Marketing specialist in India is Rs. 50,000/- per month
Salary based upon your experience
0 – 2 years, 4 to 6 lacs per annum
2 – 5 years, 7 to 10 lacs per annum
5+ years, 11 to 15 lacs per annum
Factors that can affect your salary-
Your total experience
Type of company
Certifications are a powerful tool to show your employers what skills you’ve got. However, not all certifications are created equal.
We have a list of the best marketing specialist certifications of 2021. Not only will obtaining these certifications give you a leg up for job hunting, but they will also increase your overall value.
- Professional Certified Marketer (PCM)
- Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate
- Project Management Professional
- Content Marketing Certification Course (HubSpot)
- Certifies Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)