© 2021. Mentor Monkey. All rights reserved
Career as a Data Engineer - Overview
Data Engineers are liable for identifying trends in data sets and building algorithms to increase the value of data to the organisation. This IT position necessitates a wide range of technical skills, including in-depth knowledge of SQL database design and several programming languages. However, they must be able to communicate across departments to understand what business leaders want to achieve with the company’s enormous datasets.
Data Engineers are frequently responsible for developing algorithms that allow more access to data, but to do so, they must understand the client’s or company’s objectives. It is critical to keep business goals in mind when working with data, especially for firms that deal with vast and complex datasets and databases.
Python, Java, R, and C++ are some of the major coding languages used by Data Engineers.
Here, we’ll look at what the work entails, as well as the skills and qualifications required. We will also look at the salary structure as well as the best colleges and courses to pursue a career in data engineering.
What are the roles & responsibilities of a Data Engineer ?
- Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures
- Align architecture with business requirements
- Data acquisition
- Develop data set processes
- Use programing language and tools
- Identify various ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Conduct research for industry and business questions
- Use large data sets to deal with business issues
- Deploy complex analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods
- Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modelling
- Find hidden patterns and algorithms using data
- Use data to automate tasks
- Deliver updates to stakeholders supported analytics
What are the skills required to become a Data Engineer ?
How to become a Data Engineer ?
Salary of a Data Engineer
The average salary of a data engineer in India is Rs. 65,000/- per month
Salary based upon your experience
0 – 2 years, 3 to 5 lacs per annum
2 – 5 years, 6 to 8 lacs per annum
5+ years, 9 to 15 lacs per annum
Factors that can affect your salary-
Your total experience
Type of company