© 2021. Mentor Monkey. All rights reserved
What is a Business Analyst ?
Business analysts (also known as BAs) assist in defining business challenges by in-depth examination and gathering technical and non-technical information. They create comprehensive solution requirements and ensure the supplied solution fits those business needs once the issue is recognised correctly. They are typically hired to work on IT and business transformation initiatives, although they can also be assigned to projects in other areas.
BAs are typically hired from the start of a project and serve as advisors to senior management and executive teams. BAs help bridge the gap between IT and the rest of the organisation, and many Business Analysts work as contractors on specialised projects.
Business Analysts can be categorized as Technical Business Analysts, Business Systems Analysts, or Process Business Analysts, depending on the extent of their duties and responsibilities.
Here, we’ll look at what the work entails, as well as the skills and qualifications required. We will also look at the salary structure as well as the best colleges and courses to pursue a career as a Business Analyst.
What Are The Roles & Responsibilities of A Business Analyst ?
BAs are in charge of developing and implementing new models to support business decisions by collaborating closely with financial reporting, and IT teams to frame initiatives and strategies to improve importing and reduce costs. However, there are some commonalities across roles:
- Identifying, validating, and documenting business requirements
- Commercial data analysis, such as budgets, sales performance, and forecasts
- Modelling business processes and identifying process improvement opportunities
- Identifying difficulties, risks, and benefits of current and proposed solutions, as well as detailing business implications
- Estimating expenditures and discovering opportunities for company savings
- Simplifying material and interpreting technical jargon so that everyone on the team can quickly grasp it.
- Solution implementation and testing
- Assisting with business transition and change implementation.
What are the skills required to become a Business Analyst ?
What Are The Steps To Become A Business Analyst?
Salary of Senior Business Analyst
The average salary of a Professional business analyst in India is Rs. 45,000/- per month.
Salary based upon your experience
0 – 2 years, 4 to 5 lacs per annum
2 – 5 years, 5 to 7 lacs per annum
5+ years, 8 to 15 lacs per annum
Annual Bonus (25% of respondents receive): Rs. 70,000/year
Sign-on Bonus ( 5% of respondents receive): Rs. 1,00,000
Factors that can affect your salary:
Your total experience
Content writing skills you possess
Type of company