Being a C++ programmer can definitely land you a very good job with a decent pay scale. It is so because C++ programming is considered the first and foremost step in developing different applications and software for mobiles and laptops. There is a basic difference between being a C++ programmer and being a coder, the preceding one being advantageous because it has more career prospects.
If you are well familiar with programming in C++ and have a degree and certifications, you can definitely work in many domains at various job posts.
A brief account of these job posts is presented below to help you get a rough idea about the domains and departments you can get into.
- Programmer – You can start as a junior programmer for a company and gain experience, which can help you get a senior post in your department in the same or a different company.
- Software development – Most computer softwares are programmed with the help of C/C++, and having higher degrees can let you do it with ease.
- Game development – With the online gaming market growing day by day, enthusiasts have an extra edge for being a programmer because gaming is based on these program bases.
- Architect – Architecture is concerned with buildings and plays an important role in designing working programs because programs serve as backbones of simulations.
- Subject Matter Expert – If you have a knack for sharing your thoughts and ideas with others, you can teach programming to young professionals, which will be beneficial not only for them but also for you.
If you are someone who knows C++ programming, then you can also opt for specialized courses in fields like computer vision. Doing so can increase your level of expertise in the subject and give you the exposure you need to be a unique candidate for hiring managers among the myriad of applications.
There are countless opportunities online for people who want to have remote jobs in C++ programming. These platforms provide the jobs through three or more steps involved in the hiring process: pre-employment tests, sample works, and one or multiple interviews.
Most of these platforms serve as a link between interested candidates and businesses looking to fill their vacancies. You can also directly apply to businesses by following their social media handles because doing so will help you in being aware of opportunities at the right time. Maintaining business profiles can help you kick-start your freelancing career.
Having a portfolio becomes essential for individuals looking for jobs associated with C++ programming. One can create portfolio websites that can help them kill two birds with a single stone. Firstly, the website can be used as a work sample when applying for various job posts, and secondly, it can be later used for freelancing or branding.
You can even make demo versions for games if you wish to work in the gaming industry. It must be kept in mind that the portfolios must not be very fancy, for you are not applying for designing jobs. One needs to keep in mind the job they are applying to and make their portfolios accordingly rather than doing what is not required.
To conclude, landing a job can be made easy for C++ programmers by focusing on the overlooked aspects associated with programming and development. Working on these aspects proves to be very beneficial when one applies for promotions in their jobs.