© 2021. Mentor Monkey. All rights reserved
Find The Entrepreneur Within You
PODCAST # 04
In the fourth episode of the podcast, Aamir Qutub talks about how to start your entrepreneurship career, embrace your failures and emerge as a successful person in life.
Watch the video or keep reading below to find out how you can find the entrepreneur within you.
Here's the video
Find The Entrepreneur Within You
How to overcome your failure? (9:56)
As an entrepreneur, you started a venture, and it was going well until you hit a rough patch and it has been going downhill. Well, that’s understandable.
The general rule of thumb is that three or four of them will fail completely for every ten startups out there. Three or four may survive long enough to see a return on their initial investment. Still, only one or two will provide considerable gains. Moreover, according to one Harvard report, it is estimated that 95% of all startups will fail. If you’re experiencing such a situation, pivoting could help you turn around your fortune. Every successful venture out there has become successful because of pivoting.
Difference between Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship (11:45)
DOWNLOAD THE CAREER BOOSTER TOOLKIT
Before you move on, download your copy of the Career Booster Toolkit.
Use this Toolkit to assess yourself and open up new opportunities, which you may not have noticed.
- An entrepreneur is someone who designs and launches a new business, which means that they will take on all of the rewards and risks that come with running a business.
On the other hand, an intrapreneur uses his entrepreneurial skills in creating and developing a new project in the company in which he or she is already working, eliminating many risks involved in the conduct of a company as a contractor.
- Anyone can become a freelancer regardless of the degree he’s earned. You need to identify what skills you’ve learned throughout your life and whether or not they are valuable when it comes to optimizing them in real life.
How can startups effectively measure customer satisfaction through feedback? (17:54)
- ‘Customer is King’ has long been recognized in the corporate world. Every company has the opportunity to serve its target customer. Fore and aft, they spend time evaluating their potential customer. Equipped with this knowledge, they strive to get the best goods out of their stables.
- Feedback makes way for the value of customer satisfaction to be understood. You might do business with blinders, but the first taste of criticism would immediately place you on the straight and narrow. Nothing teaches like experience, and the customer feedback questionnaire is full of experience. It offers a view of how things went with the buyer-side.
Try to solve the problems you encounter (21:37)
- Life is packed with challenges. Some people seem to face every challenge with confidence, while others are struggling to overcome it. People, in particular, get a sense of satisfaction from the challenges they face — it brings a sense of achievement and can be very fulfilling.
- In reality, at some point, you are looking for challenges. Your highest self wants you to learn and grow, and experience is the most effective tool of life for growth. The problem is that too often, you may face the same challenges over and over again, and that’s when you begin to lose the desire to face the issue and lose sight of the potential lesson. At that point, obstacles can become problems that can lead to depression and frustration. Try to face those problems with confidence as failures are bound to lead you to build a successful venture.
Analyze your failures (24:00)
- People consider success to be positive and failure to be negative. You can learn, develop and evolve from past mistakes. Failure is an all too normal phenomenon in business. After all, nine out of ten small companies will fail. Don’t be reluctant to be responsible for your business failure. In many cases, something could have been done differently to mitigate a disintegration. Think deeply about your circumstance and don’t be reluctant to do any sort of soul-searching.
- That statistic may make you nervous, but it’s worth learning. Failing once, twice, or even thousands of times doesn’t mean you’ve reached the end of the road — it means you’ve made another turn, and you’re one step closer to success. As you go through life and encounter failures, you will learn valuable life lessons from your mistakes. If failure hits you, ask yourself why that happened. Was that the result of something you did? And was an outside force playing an active role?
Introspect where your interest lies (42:44)
Identify areas of interest and ideas that are of significance to you. When this is achieved, assess whether your core interests are compatible with a career opportunity in your field of research. Here you can try to answer the following questions in order to identify your core interests-
- Which topics do you care the most about? Ask yourself, too, why?
- What kind of project is close to your heart and why?
- What’s your favorite sport or pastime? How do you like this thing?
- Which was your dream job or career bid that you accepted?
- Which did you love most about your work or your internship position?
Alternatively, you can conduct various interest tests available online or use the Myers Briggs Type Indicator Test (MBTI) for the best performance.
Be well informed before investing (43:49)
Before you invest in cryptocurrency or day trading, you will need to take several criteria into account before you place your money. When you do so without thinking about it, you literally risk losing your investment.
The cryptocurrency world is vast. It’s not going to stop at Bitcoin or Blockchain. For that, you need to be equipped with enough knowledge about it to get better results after investing your hard-earned money:
- You only need to invest money that you are willing to lose. It must be money you do not need in your day-to-day life.
- Study about cryptocurrency and its pros and cons before thinking about investing. Even if several people have advised you to deposit money, do you really want to invest in a subject that you do not know at all? Do you blindly trust people without doing due diligence?
Wrapping it up
Anyone can be an entrepreneur, but with the right mindset and a dream to achieve success. Entrepreneurship takes a lot of experience, determination and sometimes education. There are no prerequisites to becoming an entrepreneur, though, and there are successful entrepreneurs from every demographic. Learn more about it by watching the video or listening to the podcast.