How many of you thought Content Writing is only about writing paragraphs? But it’s more than that. Content Writing is the process of planning, forming, writing, editing, and creatives, typically for digital marketing purposes. It includes blogs, reviews, video or script podcasts, e-books, and social media content. Writing is the foundation for pretty much any content that you publish, especially in the digital world.
Creating a career in Content Writing is very impressive because you will be dealing with everything in knowledge, administration, and technology. We have seen a boom in the career of Content Writing in the past three years. There are two segments of Content Writing, i.e., digital, like posting on websites, blogs, ads, social media platforms, etc., and offline, such as stories, presentations, projects, technical papers, research papers, etc. The content writer’s work is to formulate the ideas and topics into an engagement for the target audience. This industry is going through numerous changes and adding new techniques to sell its content in every possible sphere.
Begin with writing if you see “Content” in a broad term, which means words to convey things to others in an interactive form about your business, your idea, and your project. The main focus of a content writer is to produce persuasive writing that aims to sell. You should also be aware that Content Writing is not about writing whatever comes to your mind or writing from your own knowledge base.
It requires few important tactics which help you to acquire a career in Content Writing, and those are –
1. Do your homework
- The first step towards a writing career (often a long one) is to do your homework about various aspects and types of writing in the Content Writing industry.
- To keep new content ideas flowing, you need to enter the research zone often. Research shouldn’t be directly, first find out about the topics you are going to write about, then research more. This helps you to collect innovative ideas about the respective topic.
- Brush your researching skills every day, and if possible, try to note them.
2. Find your niche
- What will be your area of interest if you start writing? You can’t write about anything, and everything so tries to know your area of interest. It’s essential to find your writing niche, and it gives an ample amount of content ideas from aspects.
- Finding your niche involves leveraging either your passions or your background. Let’s consider entertainment writing, you’re turning your passionate hobbies into a writing career, and with finance and marketing, you may be drawing on your educational or employment background.
- While finding a niche is significant to stretch different muscles and try various fields of writing from time to time. You may now know how well you can write about certain topics and industries until you try it, so give a try to 2-3 sectors in your learning stages.
- Ask yourself ‘why’ you want to acquire a career in writing. It also helps to analyze in which industry you want to work.
3. Writing style
- There is no doubt in saying that everybody has a different writing style, right? While practicing, try out two or three different styles and then choose which style you want to work as a professional.
- New writers are sometimes surprised to hear they need good writing tools, while your mind and a keyboard are your primary moneymakers, and a variety of apps can make your life much easier.
- If you are writing some history incident already on the internet, what difference are you making? Every content has three major factors involved, i.e., Topic, Idea, and View. While topic and idea are already decided because while researching, you have your content flow-chart, but the view matters to help attract audience towards your article.
- Try to give a new makeover to your content piece, making your article or blog different from others and attractive. The requirement of a unique angle is essential to gain a reliable audience. The most important part of Content Writing is a killer title and meaningful first paragraph because that will grab the reader’s attention.
- Most people may not understand your complex sentences, the structure of content, and vocabulary. When you write, try to keep your audience in mind and form the content simply in terms of words.
- If you are writing for beginners, start your content by explaining everything in a more straightforward form. If you are writing for people, who already know about the topic, keep it more informational.
- Write in an entirely simple form which includes paragraphs short, sentences neat, and words readable.
4. Social Media Platforms
- As a content writer, few social media tools are required to access different platforms correctly and efficiently.
- It is vital to building a social portfolio of your work that helps to promote your content as a brand in a cheerful spectrum.
- Try to connect with the people who have the same area of interest.
- Try to expand your brand with its content through positive support. You can also create your own website on WordPress, blogger.com, and Wix.com.
- Content Writing exposes a great deal of diversity in terms of industries, countries, sectors, etc.
- Working experience is the vital key to a healthy career. With experience, money is multiplied with a minimum effort.
- The walls of longevity are built on small moments of brilliance, plus lots of getting down to work.
- Each small achievement can add quality to your career. Try to new opportunities as a chance to explore your writing voice under new conditions or requirements.
With practicing and productive experience, you can attain good results and feedback from your clients or company. Try to read as much you can, try to get the knowledge of different styles and different techniques which can be required for the job process.